Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Corbin Wayne Clark is here!!

Last belly picture the morning of delivery
Corbin Wayne Clark made his arrival on Wednesday, Nov. 4 at 2:02pm.  He came a little earlier than scheduled yet much later than we even expected.  After having Dakota 4 weeks early, I was convinced that Corbin would also arrive early.  On Tuesday, Nov 3, I noticed more consistent braxton hicks and struggled to sleep through the night as the braxton hicks were turning into more painful contractions. Not having felt a single contraction with Dakota, I didn't really know what a contraction was.  All I knew was that I felt different and the braxton hicks were not subsiding.  After calling the doctor's office the next morning, I decided to go into the hospital to get checked.  The doctor didn't want me to go into active labor since I was having a scheduled c-section due to Corbin's breech position.  Patrick stayed home with Dakota while I went to the hospital and Aunt Erin was on standby.  After spending a couple hours in the OB triage being monitored, they decided that today was baby day.  I called Patrick and told him to come to the hospital and that we would meet our little boy within the hour.  Once the decision was made to have the c-section, no time was wasted.  Sadly my doctor was at another location so another doctor would perform the c-section.  Ready or not, here we go!!

I was prepared to have a c-section experience similar to Dakota's birth, but I was very mistaken. They pushed me into the operating room in order to prep me and to administer the epidural while Patrick had to stand outside the room.  As the anesthesiologist was putting the epidural in, I was casually chatting with the nurses when all of a sudden the right side of my body spasmed and I let out a scream.  Fear took over and I feared the worst as I started to have a minor panic attack and tears streamed down my face.  They proceeded to prep me as normal, but I was quickly noticing that I could still feel my lower half and wiggle my toes.  Once they were about ready to begin, I calmly told the anesthesiologist that I could still feel everything.  They pricked me in three places along my belly, and I could most definitely still feel everything as I screamed out again and began sobbing. Obviously the epidural hadn't taken. They quickly decided that I would have to be put under instead as they placed that mask on me and I sobbed myself to sleep.  Patrick, in the mean time, was still in the hallway not knowing what was going on, yet having heard me scream a couple times.  Since I was put under, he wasn't able to watch the delivery but was able to go in once Corbin was out.  I woke up crying in the recovery room as Corbin was immediately placed on my chest. Even though it obviously didn't go as planned, we are so very thankful for a healthy little boy.

All prepped for delivery
Corbin was a high pitch screamer from the very beginning.
Daddy clamping the umbilical cord.





He nursed like a champ from the very beginning.  Such a blessing!


Meeting brother for the first time

Love him so much!
Proud Auntie!
Mom and Dad made it to Colorado the next morning before noon.  

Family of four
She is so good with Corbin. Giving him lots of kisses. 
Looks like such a little man 

first smile
Grandma was quite impressive bouncing both kids on the ball.  Dakota doesn't want to be left out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment